Summertime is for easy recipes that require almost no effort and don’t heat up your kitchen. This recipe is one of them. You can throw together dinner in the time it takes to toast bread and slice a couple veggies. You can eat it cold or you can microwave it for a couple seconds. Either way, you won’t break a sweat.
I ate my sandwich open faced with a fork and knife. If you’re feeling daring, you can top it with another slice of bread and eat it like a
heathen real sandwich. Sandwiches with a fork and knife? Pinkies up!
Open Faced Salmon BLT
- 1 slice (57g) sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup baby kale
- 1/2 sliced beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 oz slice avocado
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 4 oz grilled salmon
Toast the slice of sourdough bread and spread with the mayonnaise. Lay the kale leaves on top and layer with the tomato slices. Add the bacon and avocado, and top with the piece of grilled salmon.
Makes one open faced sandwich at approximately 365 calories – 31g protein, 31g carbs, and 13g fat.
- I grilled a bunch of salmon the other night for dinner so all I had to do is heat up the piece for this sandwich. Prepping ahead like that saves a ton of time later.
- I used pre-cooked bacon that you just need to reheat. I’ve learned that it is so simple to keep it in the freezer and use when ready, instead of making bacon and getting the grease all over everything. I’m a messy bacon maker apparently.
- I was blessed enough to have received a gift of pineapple jalapeno jam from a friend, so I used that on top of my salmon. I didn’t include it in the recipe since I doubt many will be lucky enough to have this jam in the house. If you do, use it. It’s goooooood. 😉